Right, you are now ready to install your LED downlight yourself. Interesting fact is still many folks opt for halogen or compact fluorescent downlights, however we must consider LED downlights consumes less power as compares to other fixtures and thus would make one save on the power bills. Another benefit that is making those go green initiatives take a new shape is that LED fixtures do not emit anything that is harsh on the environment, no rays, no heat and no toxic elements. Also, LED downlights are a better option than other lighting as they are designed to last.
Different downlight fixing options
We stock different downlight fixture options such as
- In a downlight with spring clips
- In a downlight with twist front face plate/ flexible push in clips
- In a downlight where the face plate comes off
- All about LED Lighting
- LED Lighting – the lighting guide for energy saving lamps
- Benefits & Advantages of using energy efficient LED Lighting
- How LED Lighting compared with Fluorescent Lamps
- How to choose the right LED light bulb for your Fixtures
- Dimmable or Non-Dimmable options in LED downlights
- DIY Replacement LED downlights - Points to Remember
Few points to remember before start replacing your LED Downlights
- Always switch off power supply before commencing work.
- Operating temperature range of the lamp should be between -20°C and 45°C ambient. Over-heating can affect lamp performance.
- Only use in indoor applications and in open fixtures providing 10mm free air space.
- Ensure the fixture has the appropriate lamp-holder.
- Do not use or install the lamp in highly dusty or smoky environments. It is recommended that you install the lamp only after construction is completed.
- Input voltage should be +/-10% the amount stipulated in the specifications.
- If LED lamps are dimmable with compatible mix of transformers and dimmers, actual dimming performance depends on dimmer type (refer to the recommended dimmer & transformer list). Please note the different combinations based on the type of lamp and number of lamps.
- Not intended to use with emergency light fixtures or exit lights or DC transformers.
- Customer may notice a one second flicker during star tup. This is normal and will not affect lamp performance and lifetime.
- Relative humidity in the installation should not exceed 80% Relative Humidity. Do not install in bathrooms, kitchens and wet areas. These lamps have no tolerance to water.
- Lamps must be protected from the ingress of salt air.
- Do not install the lamp close to medical equipment/televisions/studios/radio areas.
- Certain lamps include a fan to assist performance. Noise might be audible in silent environment. (Applicable only to a range of dimmable lamps)
- Products are not subjected to more than total of 20,000 fast switches (time between “on” and “off” should be less than 10 minutes).
- Electrical installation in which the product operates must not be subjected to voltage fluctuations. The mains supply should have surge or over voltage protection equipment.
- It is also recommended that all lamps on one transformer share the same brand.
How about installing the downlights
All of our LED Downlights are coming with DYI installation guides, you may be easily find how to install them in place of your existing downlights. Please find this quick video helpful to give a heads up.